What is Patau syndrome?
Patau syndrome is a chromosomal anomaly, caused by having an additional copy of chromosome 13 in few or all body's cells.
What are the signs and symptoms of Patau syndrome?
Common anomalies included:
- Nervous system
- General learning disability and motor disorder
- Microcephaly (having smaller-than-normal head)
- Meningomyelocele (a spinal defect)
- Polydactyly (greater fingers and/or toes)
- Proboscis (tube-like structure with blind ends that is usually found in the middle of the face)
- Congenital reason digits (trigger thumb)
- Low-set ears
- Cleft palate (opening of nose)
- Abnormal genitalia
- Kidney defects