What is malnutrition?
Malnutrition occurs when a person's diet has deficiency or excess (or imbalance) of energy, protein, and nutrients for good health.
- Physical or mental development issues
- low energy
- hair loss
- dry and pale skin
- enlarged legs and abdomen
- eating a diet that is deficient in nutrients or excessive in nutrients
- malabsorption : condition that occurs when the absorption of food nutrients via the gastrointestinal (GI) tract is abnormal.
- health issues, both short- and long-term
- wounds and illnesses need a long time to heal
- a greater chance of infection
- having trouble concentrating at work or school