What is hypomania?
Hypomania, meaning "under mania" or "less than mania", is a mental and behavioural condition. This results in one having a high degree of energy, activity, mood, or attitude.
Hypomania is a milder version of mania, and both are frequent among those who suffer from bipolar illness.
- Having an excessive than normal amount of activity or energy.
- Feeling extremely excited.
- Having less of a need for sleep.
- Being unable to sit still or being restless.
- Possessing a higher sense of self-worth or confidence, or having grandiosity
- Being too chatty
- having a lot of fresh ideas and plans
- having fewer inhibitions while taking on several undertakings with no chance of finishing them
- Having increased sexual drive
- Dangerous conduct, such as impulsive sex, gambling with one's life savings
- Sleep deprivation
- Alcohol use
- Drug use
- Family history
- Imbalance in your brain
- High stress level and inability to manage it.