What is hernia?
A hernia takes place when an organ pulls thorough a hole in the muscle or tissue that maintains it in place.
Although most hernias aren't life-threatening, they don't go away on their own. They may require surgery in order to avoid serious consequences.
What are the symptoms of hernia?
- coughing causes a lot of pain
- area with a bulge
- lifting causing pain
- a dull throbbing discomfort
What are the causes of hernia?
- A congenital disease that develops during in the womb and is present from birth
- Harm caused as a result of an accident or surgery
- Lifting large weights or doing intense exercise
- Coughing for a long time or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Ascites: accumulation of fluid in the abdomen