Information in simple English
What is gallstone?
Gallstone is a stone that forms inside the gallbladder or bile duct.
Why do gallstones develop?
- too much cholesterol too much bilirubin in the bile(stored in the gallbladder and released to aid with fat digestion).
- there isn't enough bile salts
- gallbladder does not entirely clear itself of bile
- losing a lot of weight rapidly.
- during pregnancy
- Occurring in patients who have various illnesses, such as cirrhosis of the liver, disorders of the blood, etc.
What are the symptoms of cirrhosis?
- a cramping discomfort in the upper right abdomen
- chest pain.
- Jaundice (skin and eyes having yellowish tinge).
How gallstones be prevented?
- maintain a healthy weight
- a fiber-rich diet
- a low-sugar, low-carb diet