What is coronary artery disease?
Coronary artery disease (CAD), commonly known as coronary heart disease (CHD), ischemic heart disease (IHD) is a condition in which blood flow to the heart muscle is reduced because of plaque build-up (atherosclerosis) in the heart’s arteries. It is the most common cardiovascular disorder.
- stable angina : chest pain or pressure usually because of insufficient blood flow to heart muscles.
- unstable angina: angina that changes or worsens
- myocardial infarction : heart attack, decrease or stop of blood flow in coronary artery
- sudden cardiac death : failure of heart to pump blood adequately
- chest pain
- shortness of breath
- Atherosclerosis of the arteries (wall of arteries develop abnormally) of the heart
- High blood pressure
- Lack of exercise
- High blood cholesterol
- healthy diet
- regular exercise
- maintaining a healthy weight
- not smoking