What is breast cancer?
Breast cancer is cancer that develops from breast tissue. It begins with the inner lining of the milk ducts or the lobules that feed them with milk. From there, it may then spread to other regions of the body .
Breast cancer can occur in both men and women, but it's far more common in women. It is also the top cause of cancer mortality among women.
What are the signs and symptoms of breast cancer?
- A swollen tissue area In the breast
- a lump in the breast, or a lump in the armpit
- a change in breast shape
- dimpling of the skin
- fluid from the nipple
- a newly inverted nipple
- a red scaly patch of skin on the breast
What are the risk factors for breast cancer?
- absence of physical activity
- menstruation begins at a young age.
- breast cancer in the family
- getting older
- having children later in life, or not at all