What is anal cancer?
Anal cancer is a rare cancer that develops in the anus. The anus, being a part of the digestive system, is the entrance where bowel movements depart the body at the end of the large intestine, below the rectum.
What causes the anal cancer?
- Formation of aberrant cells in the body which later expand out of control and clump together to form tumours.
- Related to the human papillomavirus (HPV), a STI sexually transmitted infection.
What are the signs of anal cancer?
- Bleeding from the anus or rectum
- Pain inside the proximity of the anus
- A mass or boom with inside the anal canal
- Anal itching