What is acne?
Acne is a common long-term skin ailment that creates pimples on the face, forehead, chest, shoulders, and upper back.
What are the signs and symptoms of acne?
- Blackheads: open bumps at the pores and skin that fill with extra oil and lifeless pores and skin.
- Whiteheads: bumps that stay closed through oil and lifeless pores and skin.
- Papules: small crimson or crimson bumps that end up inflamed.
- Pustules: pimples containing pus.
- Fungal zits (Pityrosporum folliculitis): an extra of yeast develops with inside the hair follicles.
- Nodules: solid zits which might be deep in your pores and skin.
- Cysts: pus-crammed acne that can reason scars.
How is acne treated?
- Home care:
- Cleansing pores and skin each day
- Keeping hair out of the face and shampooing it regularly
- Keeping hands away from touching face
- Benzoyl peroxide: destroys acne-causing bacteria and drying out existing pimples and prevents new ones.
- Sulfur: a herbal element with a distinct odor that’s in a few creams, cleansers, and masks.
- Resorcinol: used to cast off useless pores and skin cells.
- Salicylic acid: frequently used in soaps and pimples washes.