Smart home or smart house is a home with internet-connected gadgets that allow for remote monitoring and control attributes like lighting, appliances, security alarm systems, and heating.
Home automation, or domotics, is another term for smart home technologies (from the Latin "domus" meaning home).
These home devices are an essential component of the Internet of Things.
- Convenience increases :
- With just one device, one can control all of the smart appliances.
- Savings of time
- A higher standard of living
- Notifications in the event of a problem
- Savings on energy
- Cost saving in long run
- Can be customized to your needs
- Safety improvements compared to conventional locks
- Insurance benefits
- Support for the older generation
- May be suitable for disabled persons
- Resale value might increase
- High installation fees.
- Critical to have a stable internet connection.
- Concerns about security
- Problems with technology in linked houses
- If technology fails, we will be helpless.
- Smart technology may irritate certain people.
- Issues with maintenance and repair
- Initial learning is required.
- Problems with device compatibility
- Surges may occur.
- Technology may become obsolete in the near future.
- Concerns about privacy