Apple worldwide developers conference (WWDC) made an announcement on June 7, 2021, about the successor of macosBIGSUR; Monterey, designed for Macintosh, was released on October 25, 2021. Its name was derived from Monterey Bay and the city of California.
Should you update now or wait?
Is it worth updating? Let’s have a look at the pros and cons!
What are the pros of Monterey?
- Free to update
- Streamlined futuristic look
- Best Security System with no more security breaches
- No more compromise on privacy
- Universal Control Centre to look up all devices
- Share Play with real-time face
- Updated App features
- Focus Assist
- Live Text (similar to OCR) and Visual lookup
- Translate across the system
- Child safety
- Digital Legacy
- Enhancement in apple linked products feature
What are the cons of Monterey?
- Not compatible with previous MacBook later than 2013 or 2014
- Limited features for intel mac
- Probability of bugs
All pros of Monterey find extensive use in the Apple ecosystem for professionals as well as for men of leisure.